It has been a while. It has been difficult for me to pick up my Bible lately because I have been at war with things of my flesh. I confess to have given in to its desires, but constantly trying to come above water. My heart sang out "Desperate" by Lecrea, but my flesh continued to sing "Night-Off" by Drake. I was tired of following Christ and aligning myself with Him when I wanted a break from being a Christian. All these thought because I am tired of my school and its sensuality and flaunting of the secular. But at last, I am tired of the war waging within me and I have chosen side once again. I choose to follow my Savior who holds me when I need it most. I am not fighting this fight, He is.
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." 2 Corinthians 10:3-4
Praise God for His strong spiritual weapons! I am not alone in this fight, He is here with me fighting for me! Who am I to doubt His perfection?
"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5
I will take this verse and make it my verse for the week. My God, in His perfection will coat me with His perfect love. I will take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. He'll know what to do with the more rebellious thoughts. I will take each of them captive and hand them to Him to make obedient to His will. If Christ is for me, if He is pushing me, if He is inspiring me, who can possibly THINK they can be against me???
But I will depend on my Savior. He is so perfect. Oh! Why does He love simple little me? He keeps bringing me back to Him regardless of what I think He should do. He pulls me back into His perfect arms. OH!!!! How I love Him!!!
From being "Caught Up" like Usher to being "Caught Up" like Kirk Franklin. Praise the Lord! I only want You, Daddy!!!! Thank You!!! I AM A FRIEND OF GOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment