Oh my Lord!!!! Oh LORD! Look at me. Like, how can You possibly love me! I have so much work to do! And I'm wasting time with all the things I am fighting to hold on to! Oh Lord! Where do I begin!?!?!?!?
That was my reaction around 8am this morning as I finished up my quiet time. I felt so unworthy of all my Lord has offered me. I mean, look at me. Sure I'm told I'm pretty and all that but physical has never mattered to God. He doesn't even see the things I bring to the table physically. He looks at my HEART. EK! "WARNING: What you are about to see may be graphic and is not intended for human comprehension!" That is the label that covers the entry way of my heart. My heart is deceptive and dangerous. Initially, this 5th chapter of Ephesians struck great fear in me.
Verses 1 and 2 I could vibe with. "Ok, I can do my best to imitate God and offer myself as an offering to Him." Then I read the following words:
"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people." -Ephesians 5:3
Well SNAP! Not a HINT. Do you understand what a hint is?!?!?! It’s smaller than a dash! That means no jokes, no giggles, no references, no suggestions, no sensuality, no sexy this or sexy that. Like woah. Sure, all these things are ok in marriage but outside of marriage...not so much. I mean, well man, God, how do I do THAT?! And I understand that I am human, and I am prone to mess up. I am far from legalistic or judgmental of other people. However, this verse made me think. And I mean made me THINK. It was the first time I had become FULLY aware on my own time with the Lord how much work I had to do in the area of sexuality. Yes, I live a life of sexual purity (or so I thought), but God calls us to MORE than just physical purity or even the basic mental purity. But He calls us to not have a HINT. Simply the basics intimidate me still.
Lord, I know that I am not here yet. That is clear and certain. I honestly don't know how I'll ever get to that kind of perfection. But I thank You for seeing me in that perfect light despite my humanity. Lord, help me get as close to this standard as possible. As always I love You.
No comments:
Post a Comment