Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Am Souly Dependent

This summer I worked at Kids Across America. Definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made. However, I had several lessons to be learned in this experience. Although the summers theme verse was "Walk it Out" Ephesians 5:8 and there was plenty that I could receive from that verse, my personal theme verse for the summer was John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey my commands." By this verse I was awakened to the reality of Christ. I realized that when I said "I love my Jesus and no one can question that," I was wrong. Plenty could question it. How many people could actually tell that I loved the Lord with out knowing anything about me, no one. It was a harsh reality I had to deal with.

Even after this reality I was angry. I knew I would have to let go of a man I cared for very deeply. I didn't understand how God would let a man like that come into my life and then take him away. I was happy with him but I knew that I could no longer live in sin as I had with him. I knew he wouldn't respect my decision to no longer do the things I used to. But this meant that I would be loosing my best friend, my comforter, my inspiration, and my smile. I reflected over all these things and then I heard God gently whisper "that's ME." It was so simple. All this time I had been depending on a man to satisfy my godly needs and desires. But it was time for me to let God satisfy those needs. I was dependent on man to change my mood and my happiness. But now it was time to let God do it. I had to be dependent on HIM. That was when I decided...it was time for me to be solely dependent on HIM, because my soul depends on HIM.

Therefore, I am Souly Dependent, sharing my struggles, questions and passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment